New City School is proud to offer many opportunities for our students to utilize their bodily-kinesthetic intelligence through sports. We strive to give equal playing time to each athlete, and good sportsmanship is our most important priority.
Kindergarten-6th Grade students play in the Clayton league. We have approximately 12 teams playing an eight game season. A trophy and picture is included.
Basketball Clinic (Kindergarten-1st grade):
The Kindergarten-1st Grade basketball clinic focuses on instructional elements of basketball and skill enhancement. It takes place at school, and is run by parents. Approximately 25 athletes participate for four weeks.
Kindergarten-3rd Grade students play in the University City league at Centennial Commons. We have approximately 11 teams for this eight game season, which lasts from December through early February.
2nd-6th Grade students play in the Clayton league. We have approximately eight teams for this eight game season, which lasts from January through March. Trophy is included.
Summer Soccer Camp:
1st-6th Grade students can take part in our summer soccer camp. Please contact our camps director, Tobie Taylor-Hudson (email@example.com), for more information about the dates, times, and costs associated with this camp.
- There is a fee for all sports of $85, excluding the basketball clinic which is $25.
- All teams are coached by multiple parents.
- All coaches are required to fill out a background check.
- All uniforms are given out by the Athletic Director and returned after the season is over.
- All equipment is provided for the teams by the Athletic Director with the exception of shoes, cleats, socks, shin guards, and baseball gloves.
- All teams practice at New City School one time per week. We work in conjunction with Extended Day so athletes can attend practice if they stay in Extended Day.
- Financial assistance is available for families that qualify.