From Wednesday through Friday, sixth grade will spend three days and two nights camping. The focus for the three days is environmental education, so this is an excellent opportunity to talk with your child about such issues such as water usage, wasteful packaging in lunches, the use of recyclables around the home, or to start a recycling program in your home. The group will stay in dormitory-style cabins and will participate in team-building activities, as well as hike, sketch, investigate water ecology, canoe, prowl for owls, and spend lots of time building a sense of community with one another.
- Students are not to bring any candy, soda, or snacks. They do need to bring a snack and sack lunch for their first meal on Wednesday.
- Students should leave their cell phones, radios, and other electronic toys at home.
- No spending money is needed.
- Warm weather is expected, though it is possible that the nights may be chilly, and students will be outdoors most of the time. Please pack long pants, closed-toe shoes, rain gear, and some long sleeved shirts.
- All of your child's belongings, in addition to their sleeping bag/roll, must fit in one bag.