On Wednesday, October 25 through Thursday, October 26, the fourth graders will have a 2-day overnight camping trip to Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, MO. The students will participate in a variety of programmed activities, including pong ecology, GPS orienteering, and living off of the land) and will also take a night hike followed, of course, by the the requisite camp sing-a-long. The group will stay in dormitory-style cabins, each equipped with bunk beds, toilets, and heat. There are also modern shower facilities just a few steps from each cabin.
- Students are not to bring any candy, soda, or snacks.
- Students should leave their cell phones, radios, and other electronic toys at home.
- No spending money is needed.
- The nights can be quite chilly this time of year, and students will be outdoors most of the time. Please be sure that your child packs a warm jacket and a hat and gloves.
- All of your child's belongings, in addition to their sleeping bag/roll, must fit in one bag.