What is it?
- The ability to accurately perceive the visual world
- The ability to create mental images
- A tendency toward three-dimensional thinking
- Awareness of the relationship between objects in space
Students are likely to...
- doodle, paint, draw, or create three-dimensional objects
- look at maps
- work puzzles or complete mazes
- take things apart and put them back together
How students use the spatial intelligence in the classroom:
- Creating maps and mazes
- Visualization activities
- Using painting or drawing to demonstrate understanding
- Designing clothing, buildings, play areas, and scenery
- Using art to tell a story