What is it?
- Sensitivity to the natural world
- The ability to see connections and patterns within the plant and animal kingdoms
Students are likely to...
- spend time outdoors
- observe plants, collect rocks, interact with animals
- listen to the sounds created in the natural world
- take note of relationships in nature
- categorize and classify flora and fauna
How students use the naturalist intelligence in the classroom:
- Using outdoor space as a classroom
- Giving students responsibility for the care of plants and animals in the classroom
- Hands-on science experiments
- Participating in or observing garden and nature areas on the playground
- Classroom units discussing the effects of climate change and sustainability