What is it?
- Sensitivity to nonverbal sounds in one's environment, such as melody and tone
- Awareness of patterns in rhythm, pitch, and timbre
Students are likely to...
- listen to and play music
- match feelings to music and rhythms
- sing, hum, and move to music
- remember and work with different musical forms
- create and replicate tunes
How students use the musical intelligence in the classroom:
- Re-writing song lyrics to teach or express concepts
- Encouraging students to add music to plays
- Creating musical mnemonics
- Teaching history through the music of a particular time period
- Learning about music and folk dance traditions of other cultures
- Participation in singing activities, Jazz Band, or Drama Club