What is it?
- Sensitivity to one's own feelings and moods
- Knowing one's own strengths and weaknesses
- Using self-understanding to guide decisions and set goals
Students are likely to...
- Pursue personal interests and set individual agendas
- Learn through observation and listening
- use metacognitive skills
How students use the intrapersonal intelligence in the classroom:
- Allowing students to work at their own pace
- Individual, self-directed projects
- Helping students to set personal goals
- Journal writing and other forms of reflection
Social-emotional development is integral to the New City experience: the personal intelligences—interpersonal and intrapersonal—are the foundation for everything we do. Hear from our faculty about Social-Emotional Learning and The Personals in this video.