What is it?
- Sensitivity to the feelings and moods of others
- Understanding and interacting effectively with others
Students are likely to...
- enjoy many friends
- lead, share, and mediate
- build consensus and emphathize with others
- Work as an effective team member
How students use the interpersonal intelligence in the classroom:
- Use cooperative learning
- Participate in group projects
- Allow students to take part in peer teaching opportunities
- Allow students to give feedback to one another
Social-emotional development is integral to the New City experience: the personal intelligences—interpersonal and intrapersonal—are the foundation for everything we do. Hear from our faculty about Social-Emotional Learning and The Personals in this video.